(urth) Unhappiness with fantasy writing

PMorris33 at aol.com PMorris33 at aol.com
Wed Jun 14 19:39:02 PDT 2006

I've long been an admirer of Gwyneth Jones.  Her first science fiction  book
"Divine Endurance" was a perfect gem.  And her book of criticism,
"Deconstructing The Starships" is simply the best science fiction criticism I've  ever
read, pace Kingley Amis and John Clute.

But I'm having trouble with her fantasy series "Bold As Love".  What's
happened to that beautiful Englishwoman?  She's gone dead on the  page.

Is anyone else in the group a reader of Gwen Jones?

I'd be interested in hearing your opinion.

Thanks to all of you
Pip