(urth) Looking for dictionary recommedations

Kate Savage katesavage2001 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 11 18:32:32 PDT 2006

I am looking for dictionary recommendations. I would like to purchase a good reference book for all those obscure word's Wolfe use that I have never seen before. I am thinking if getting a used copy of the Compact Edition of the Oxford English Dictionary but it isn't the handiest format for casually looking up unfamiliar words. I am also thinking of the Webster's Third New International Dictionary, Unabridged.

  Any other suggestions?

  Thanks in advance.