(urth) question about Soldier of Arete

stilskin acronus at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 10 03:31:11 PDT 2006

I've just received a review copy of Sidon, and in
preparation for it gone back over Mist and Arete. I
remain baffled by what exactly transpires at the end
of Arete to throw Latro into his depression.  I feel
sure this has been hashed out on the list in the past
but was hoping someone could give me an idea of what
happens at that crucial juncture.  It's clearly a
betrayal of some kind, one that touches Latro at a
level deeper than mere memory; or touches a deeper
kind of memory.

http://www.sff.net/people/stilskin