(urth) Wiki

Adam Stephanides adamsteph at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 3 08:16:08 PDT 2006

As somebody who at one time did a fair amount of posting to the list, I'm not thrilled with the idea of all my posts being thrust willy-nilly into the public domain. I'm even less thrilled with the idea that anybody would be able to edit my posts. I doubt I'm the only one who feels this way. Of course, if the plan is just to summarize the discussions on the list, that's different.

In general it's still not clear to me what the advantages are of a wiki over, say, an FAQ or FAQs combined with a message board. In fact, I would think a priori that a wiki would be a poor format for dealing with Wolfe, about whose work there is so little agreement. But I could well be wrong; it might help if I could see an example of a wiki which successfully does what you're expecting from a Wolfe wiki.

--Adam