(urth) Wiki

Adam Stephanides adamsteph at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 5 14:51:05 PDT 2006

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes wrote:

>I would be willing for anything I have posted to this forum to be
>placed on such a Wiki, provided that it was done so in a protected
>form, with my name clearly attached to my words, and said words
>put in place substantively unchanged (i.e., I wouldn't mind fixes to
>typoes and grammar, nor slight edits to clarify context).
>
>In other words: there would have to be a template for porting
>text from the Moonmilk archives, that would _not_ permit
>editing once it was included and approved.
>
>I would be willing to hazard that most people in my position
>would agree -- Adam, how do you feel about this proposal?

That would certainly meet my objections as far as editing is concerned. There's still the question of copyright. I'm not aware of the ins and outs of various licenses, but I presume there could be some general provision that any copyrighted material remains the property of its owner(s). (It seems to me you would need something like this anyway.)

But while thinking about this, I realized that I'm not sure what is being proposed. Are we talking about importing the archives wholesale? Or simply quoting portions of messages? Or both?

--Adam