(urth) Wolfe and Van Vogt

David Duffy David.Duffy at qimr.edu.au
Fri Jan 6 22:31:54 PST 2006

I was rereading _The World of Null A_ recently (it wasn't as bad as I was
expecting ;)) and noticed a couple of interesting parallels.  One is the
setting on Venus, which I had completely forgotten: it is a green world
covered by enormous trees (mile high?).  Secondly, the amnesiac hero gets
there by dying on earth and awakening there in a new body, and returns to
Earth by spaceship.  As usual, overall there are more differences than
similarities between Short Sun and _Null A_.

A third resemblance is Gosseyn's method of immortality, cf _The Fifth
Head_.

David Duffy.