(urth) ATTENDING DAEDALUS

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 22:12:43 PST 2006

On 1/29/06, Chris <rasputin_ at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Apparently my historical knowledge is inadequate,

though, because I hadn't been aware that the Chinese had

attempted to force their population to communicate *only*

through these little sayings in order to ensure correct

thought and total control.

Um, no, they didn't actually do that; but if you read up on
the "re-education" camps, it came pretty close at times.
Wolfe simply takes it to satirical extremes.

--
I do not fear Satan half so much as I fear those who fear him.
                        -- St Teresa of Avila