(urth) Bee Wrangler

Rex Lycanthrosaurus lycanthrosaurus at fastmail.fm
Mon Aug 28 19:57:55 PDT 2006

Found the one other bee-related quote I was looking for, and append it,
if for nothing other than to answer Roy Lackey's question about what
exactly it is Paeon teaches the penultimate autarch.

"The dead Autarch, whose face I had seen in scarlet ruin a few moments
before, now lived again. My eyes and hands were his, I knew the work of
the hives of the bees of the House Absolute and the sacredness of them,
who steer by the sun and fetch gold of Urth's fertility. I knew his
course to the Phoenix Throne, and to the stars, and back." (Citadel,
Chapter XXIX)
--
  Rex Lycanthrosaurus
  lycanthrosaurus at fastmail.fm