(urth) Appian

Roy C. Lackey rclackey at stic.net
Mon Aug 28 23:35:18 PDT 2006

Rex Lycanthrosaurus wrote:
>A significant portion of your argument relies on the chronology
>presented in "The Cat," which I've now just reread in conjunction with
>Roy Lackey's recent post. Using figures from the story Roy calculates
>Lomer's age to be 96, and I can see no mistakes in his math. So do
>you too contend Lomer is 96? (Ditto for fellow prisoner Nicarete, who
>seems "almost equally old"?)

Worse, she, at least, was still alive ten years after the antechamber scene,
when Sev was writing his manuscript. He ordered her brought to him while he
was writing just before leaving for Yesod.

No one has tried to fit in Palaemon's statement about Maruthas. Either
Appian or Maruthas or both were in office within memory of at least three
people who were still living the year Sev became autarch.

-Roy