(urth) Top Posting Makes The Theoanthropos Cry

Chris rasputin_ at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 28 04:47:30 PDT 2006

I generally don't find top-posting hard to follow (yes, I'm doing this on
purpose), especially on a relatively low-volume list where the post that's
being responded to is fairly recognizable. I save interleaving for posts
that have individual points that need to be addressed separately. To
interleave on a post like this, for example, I would have to sit there and
selectively prune out the text that wasn't directly relevant to my response;
this can sometimes lead to a pretty confusing, mangled post. On the other
hand if you don't prune you end up with two pages of quoted text with a
single-sentence response at the bottom that can be easily mistaken for a sig
- posts like that usually go in the trash bin without being read.