(urth) new history of the Peloponnesian War

Matthew King automatthew at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 09:07:03 PDT 2006

The author of this review (Victor Davis Hanson) wrote a chapter about
the naval battle of Salamis in his book Carnage and Culture.
Salamis is the name  "translated" by Latro as meaning Peace.

I had read Carnage and Culture shortly before I discovered Wolfe, and
I was thrilled when I recognized what Latro was writing about.

Another great resource for historical background is the Teaching
Company's audio lectures on Herodotos.