(urth) Top Posting Makes The Theoanthropos Cry

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 22:03:31 PDT 2006

Jeff,

I top-post, as a general rule, only when I don't think there's
a need for interleaving (an ugly word; I coined the word
"coinscription" to describe the way we write inside each
others' texts in email/mailing lists, and will take this
oppty to plug it). As a general rule, I try to write such notes
so that no context is required and cut the original out
completely -- as here; but sometimes I forget to cut it.

And sometimes, considering that, due to the vagiaries
of  mailing programs and such, some may see the reply
before the original, I'll deliberately leave the original
below to provide that context. But it's usually just a mistake
(forgetting or laziness), since I believe that the coinscriptive
style is causing many people to forget how to write a
coherent reply without coinscribing.

I'll try to be better about it.

--
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes, writer, trainer, bon vivant
-----