(urth) Why so much synchronicity?

Bob Miller bob_bageera at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 20 02:23:04 PDT 2006

Well, we do know that this type of synchronicity does happen irl as well.
The most obvious example I rememberis Winston Churchill's memoir of how he
got into Sandhurst.  When he was taking the entry tests, 19th century of
course, the applicant had to fill in a map of One of the "countries"
(colonies?) of the British Empire--random and almost always different each
year.  The future Sir Winston wrote the names of all applicants on little
pieces of paper and drew one at random from a hat.  Divine Providence?  Or
Fortuna's action?  I know what my opinion is. And this is the kind of thing
Wolfe would know and use.

It's worth mentioning that this sort of synchronicity
doesn't happen nearly as much in the Long Sun books,
which are third person, twice as long, and more -
what's the word?- pictorial?
Then when we return to a first person style with Short
Sun, everything becomes claustrophobic and intimate
again. imo, fwiw, lol, etc.

Don