(urth) Master Ash v Silkhorn (astral time travel)

James Wynn thewynns at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 19 12:36:46 PDT 2006

David Duffy said:
>So, I think for Silkhorn to astral travel "instantaneously" requires time
>travel, just not requiring the apparatus many of the others used.

Yes. As I've argued repeatedly in the past, the Rajan's astral travel
definitely permits and includes time-travel. The first evidence of it
was when Silk saw an astral-traveling Oreb fly out of his window and
fade away at a time in the story when the Oreb had a broken wing.
I don't know of another explanation for that event.

That Silk should eventually gain power over Time was prefigured
in the subtle associations of him with Zervan
(http://www.well.com/~davidu/leontosphere_jp70.jpg):
an association that confused me until I read The Short Sun.
Perhaps there is another such association with Horn somewhere.