(urth) Information, etc.

don doggett kingwukong at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 12 20:47:16 PDT 2006

--- Dan'l Danehy-Oakes <danldo at gmail.com> wrote:

> But when I say that the Christian faith is
> predicated on belief in
> miracles, I mean something like what CS Lewis said
> fifty years
> and change ago: if one does not believe that Christ
> was resurrected
> from the dead, then one should not refer to oneself
> as a "Christian,"
> no matter how good you think his moral teachings
> were. It dilutes
> the term, which has a fairly clear meaning.

At least since the time of Constantine. It's funny how
the point of a sword will clarify things. . . around
200 a.d.  the meaning was a little fuzzier. That said,
I agree the term Christian in the modern age belongs
to those who accept the resurrection, though I think
it's unfortunate and leaves the religion poorer as a
whole. Not trying to pick a fight, just throwing one
in for the fringe.

Don