(urth) Just picked up

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 14:00:57 PDT 2006

On 4/8/06, OOC 1992 <ooc1992 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just picked up the Book of the New Sun. Cannot put it down, wonderful
> reading. I have heard of this book for some time. When does it explain the
> how the planet went from Earth to Urth- a history of the process as it were?

It doesn't.

In some external comments, Wolfe has stated that there is no
real process: that this is the "do-nothing" future of Earth where
we neither really solve any of our big problems nor quite ever
succumb to them. This is (like so many Lupine extratextual
statements) a bit evasive, as it does not explain a great deal...

--Dan'l

--
I do not fear Satan half so much as I fear those who fear him.
                        -- St Teresa of Avila