(urth) Christian relativity

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Fri Apr 7 23:55:36 PDT 2006

Stanislaus wrote:

> Hello nastler,
>
> Friday, April 7, 2006, 3:33:28 PM, you wrote:
>

>>Quote suggesting one reason a Christian author might
>>wish to write a universe without relativity. The time
>>scales in the Sun series are extended, but the
>>principle holds. The "news" cannot have spread through
>>the universe without bypassing physics as we know it.
>

> Check Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen theory and experiments. It has been
> conclusively proven that news can spread instanteously, perhaps even
> backward in time - but only for the internal purposes of the universe.
> You cannot transmit information faster than light. Universe can.

There's no meaningful distinction between "you" and a subset of
"universe" in current physical thought.

There's also no need to restrict news of the Christian Gospel to
post-crucifixion time in religious thought; Christ not only shares in
the eternal quality of Gd, but was personally present at the Creation
and it was only His mortal incarnation for the benefit of the earth that
  began in Bethlehem. The Scriptures is silent on whether there are any
extraterrestrial sinners in need of salvation; if their existence can be
reconciled, so can other appearances of Christ, and they would no more
violate relativity than the Hubble expansion does.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.io.com/~jwilson >