(urth) Astral travel in time

nastler nastler at yahoo.dk
Thu Apr 6 23:42:53 PDT 2006

Couldn't Silkhorns power here be described as changing
the memory of an event (inserting a new memory)
through story-telling, rather than to really change
the past? Wouldn't this have the same (desired)
effect? To alter the subjects future?

This would mean the past stays the past, now is now,
and the future (or one version of it) is yet
unwritten, but is influenced by our perception of (not
the reality of) past events. This in no way explains
the (instant) AT though. Unless SH is attempting to
use his power on us (readers of SS) to alter our
memory of what happened ten books ago.

And Dan, if SH is just a puppet then the only fun I
could have reading about him would be to find the
strings. These books have lots of strings, and not
many of then go up to Heaven.

nastler