(urth) Merryn and Triskele

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Wed Apr 5 22:48:47 PDT 2006

Adam Thornton wrote:

> On Apr 6, 2006, at 12:28 AM, Jeff Wilson wrote:
>
>>no slosh, and the tiny acceleration would be swamped in the effects of
>>the Whorl's spin gravity.
>

> How problematic would Coriolis effects be in day-to-day life on the
> Whorl, anyway?  Do we know how big it is?

It should into present a problem with day-to-day living, but given the
Whorl is of a size that towns are visible overhead, any activity
involving flying objects will be visibly affected. For instance, a ball
thrown or hit against the rotation of the Whorl will be seen to go
farther than one hit traveling with the rotation.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.io.com/~jwilson >