(urth) changes, Ravd

aramini1 at cox.net aramini1 at cox.net
Fri Oct 28 13:11:53 PDT 2005

I believe that the ghostly figure that watches over Svon is Ravd for two reasons: Able looks over himself from Skai, so he isn't limited by the physical laws of Mythgarthr.  There is no indication that Svon will be elevated to Skai.  The golden lion is the symbol of Ravd, and while Svon later wears the armor of Ravd, Able, at the end of The Knight, says that it seems Ravd is watching over him - and perhaps Svon as well, since Toug describes the phantom image as a "seeming", as does Able.

Actually, I found the right quote just now:
"Ravd had not been among the phantom knights who had fought beside me, but it seemed to me that Ravd's phantom stood behind me as I said, "I will."" (knight, 427)

Marc Aramini