(urth) Latro series news

Nicholas Gevers vermoulian at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 27 02:48:24 PDT 2005

Gene Wolfe told me a few weeks ago that SOLDIER OF
SIDON was complete and with his agent. That could mean
publication in late 2006, with any luck. He confirmed
a fourth, concluding novel in the series is planned.

His next novel after SOLDIER OF SIDON, though, will be
PIRATE FREEDOM, which already exists in penultimate
draft. It's an historical fantasy.

At the moment, GW is concentrating on short
fiction--he's sold two further stories to POSTSCRIPTS,
which I deputy-edit, and has written a long story for
a Dozois anthology. A novella is in planning.

--Nick Gevers.