(urth) changes

James Wynn thewynns at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 28 05:17:57 PDT 2005

Are we to believe that [Svon] stayed and protected Ravd's body?  I think so,
because the ghost of Ravd appears watching over him as he walks down a hall,
according to Toug. Either that, or Ravd forgives him his weakness.

I think Able intimates that Svon's honor was unjustly harmed by a whispering
campaign that he had deserted Ravd. Svon had an attitude that made people
want to think the worst of him...even Ravd. But apparently he did fight
honorably with Ravd.

I think, in this, Wolfe is attempting justify the knightly code of
challenges of duels to the death for comments that "offend one's honor". He
is showing that words in secret can do as much as a knife in the back.