(urth) voided cross and other things

harlekin at earthlink.net harlekin at earthlink.net
Mon May 16 21:23:09 PDT 2005

We'll have to agree to disagree on the cross, I think.  As I said, your definition is technically more correct, but I'm not sure that means much with Wolfe.  I don't have my new sun books but i envisioned Agila (through two readings) as having reddish brown hair.  however, she was flat chested, where "Jugs" obviously isn't.  They do have similar facial structure though.

Here's something I forgot for my last post and it was probably the most important thing I had to say:
When Maytera Marble finds Maytera Rose's corpse there is a monitor in her room that shows Lake Limna with Chenille (posessed by Scylla), Auk, Incus, Oreb, and the fisherman.  Why is this on in Rose's room?  Did a god possess her and the shock kill her?  Echidna perhaps?  It's a very confusing scene, deliberately so I suppose.  I don't recall this ever being touched upon and I nearly passed it even on my second read.  Any ideas?

ps.  I recommend the Savage Tales of Solomon Kane to anyone with pulp sensibilities.  I like them better than Conan.  Beware though, the binding on the paperback is not so great.  The art by Gary Gianni however, is superb.

Don