(urth) voided cross and other things

James Wynn thewynns at earthlink.net
Mon May 16 19:33:00 PDT 2005

Harlekin says:

>I am still not convinced that the cross of the Chapter isn't a
>swastika....unless I'm shown definitively otherwise.

Well, not to be obstinate, but the voided cross *is* called "the sign of
addition" which seems like a bit of strike against a swastika. Of course
that's hardly definitive.

And while a swastika is called "a whorl", so is an even-tined (there's a
proper word for the "legs" of a whorl but I can't remember it) cross. So is
a fibula and a triskele (ho ho). And of course they are all considered sun
symbols.

~ Crush