(urth) Re: Increate on trial

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 11:36:58 PST 2005

Crush wrote...

> There's a tradition (touched on in the Apostolic Creed) that Jesus went
> to Hell to free those like Abraham, Moses, and Elijah who were held
> because no permanent sacrifice had yet been offered.

I think it's a bit more than "a tradition." It's based pretty solidly on this
bit of Scripture (from 1 Peter 3; it bridges from vv18b through 20a):

     He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit,
     through whom[d] also he went and preached to the spirits in
     prison who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently
     in the days of Noah while the ark was being built.

--Dan'l

--
You probably do not want to know what that odor is.
http://www.livejournal.com/users/sturgeonslawyer