(urth) Re: Increate on trial

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 11:16:40 PST 2005

Various folks wrote...

> >my vague recollection had been that while the H's believe they are
> doing
> >the will of the Increate, they have no privileged access to this will.
>
> As with much else in Wolfe, it is largely inferred. The quote about "The
> death agonies of the world you know will be offered to the Increate" implies
> that the Hierogrammates have, at the least, the Increate's attention.

Perhaps, but it doesn't imply any "privileged access to" the will of (oh,
just say it) God. Certainly not to a Catholic, to whom every suffering
is to be "offered up" to Jesus.

(Side note, to Christians in the group: I'm finally being confirmed in the
Catholic church this evening. Please offer a prayer.)

--Dan'l

--
You probably do not want to know what that odor is.
http://www.livejournal.com/users/sturgeonslawyer