(urth) OT: watchmen on trial

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 11:09:01 PST 2005

> But my memory of the ending is more of an
> Indiana-Jones-The-Ark-Gets-Lost-In-A-Warehouse type ending. I remember the
> diary was sitting on a reporter's desk and was in the process of being lost
> or thrown away.

Close but not quite -- it's already been placed in the kook file of the
_New Frontiersman_ (the Bircher newspaper that's published out of
one corner of That Intersection). The NF has just had its lead article
for the current number censored (a clear sign, btw, that all is NOT
well in Veidt's brave new world - prior-restraint censorship of the
press), and the editor tells his somewhat dimwitted aid to fill it
in with something from the kook file. We see the aide's hand
reaching for the file, where the diary is right on top.

(Incidentally, the aide is wearing a smileyface shirt, with a drip
of borscht on the smileyface forming That Logo one last time.)

--Dan'l

--
You probably do not want to know what that odor is.