(urth) My eyes!

Adam Stephanides adamsteph at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 28 08:02:46 PST 2005

on 3/24/05 6:55 PM, Dayton Williams at lord_dimwit at hotmail.com wrote:

[snip]
> ... Is there a FAQ or something on BotNS I can read?

Did you investigate the archives? While their size can be overwhelming,
there's a lot of useful stuff there, much of it by people who  no longer
post here (such as the authors of the two books David DiGiacomo
recommended). Unfortunately, there's no FAQ dealing with BotNS as far as I
know.

As for the suggestions so far, _Castle of Days_ won't be of much help. I
haven't read _Solar Labyrinth_, but based upon Borski's former postings to
this list, I'd take his theories with a grain of salt (that's only my
opinion, though). _Lexicon Urthus_ (and the three pamphlets of "Additions,
Errata, &cetera" if you can get hold of them) compile a lot of information
about BotNS into an easy-to-read format, but won't tell you "what it's all
about." Nor will anything else. Despite all the intelligent people who have
been studying BotNS for two decades, "what it's really about" remains a
mystery, and the same is true of Wolfe's other books.

--Adam