(urth) Re: Increate on trial

Andy Robertson andywrobertson at clara.co.uk
Sat Mar 26 01:21:20 PST 2005

> between a higher and lower power, any of which suffice to support my
> assertion that the H's receive their orders from a higher authority, and
> what authority is higher than an archangel but the Increate? But even #3
> requires an author, and the above quote specifies that the Increate was the
> author of the rescripts, the H's merely the recorder. All in all, I don't
> see any way around it; the Increate was calling the shots.
>
> -Roy

There is that passage where Severian remarks the existence of the angels
(creatures of the rank of Tzadkiel) can be deduced by pure logic even if the
existence of the Increate can not.

There is in fact nothing in boTNS to verify the existence of god:  He is not
seen, only his servants are.  Presumably their faces are turned to him and
we see only their backs, but they might be faking.   It's all faith and
instructions transmitted by messengers.

((In boTSS we do of course have a direct divine contact with man.))