(urth) Who's in Oreb

James Wynn thewynns at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 27 16:28:13 PDT 2005

>>I said:
>>Well, I will note that I said that the Rajan "ARGUABLY knows AS MUCH
>>*or* more about Pas than anyone".
>>
>>I don't deny there is an argument to be made that others know more.
>>But he DOES seem rather confident regarding his knowledge in this
>>case.

>Dan'l said:
>Yes, I agree that the ... unreliable narrator, who is in complete
>denial about his own identity ... does indeed seem very
>confident about this.

Well, all of Wolfe's narrators are unreliable to some extent and his identity
is rather ambiguous so his denial is not *complete* nor *entirely* wrong.

But leaving that aside, in this case, after a year of experimentation by
Scylla, he has had his beliefs about Pas exonerated.

~ James

"My name is not Silk...It has never been Silk."

"Was this you, Incanto? Were you on Green?"

"I shook my head and told him it had been someone else, a man whose
name I have forgotten, a man who wore a ring with a white stone.
My own name is Horn, no matter what Oreb may say."
~ "In Green's Jungles"