(urth) Shaving Clones

Mark Millman millman at heimdallr.dyndns.org
Sun Jun 26 13:32:13 PDT 2005

Dear Mr. Wynn,

In the earlier of your two (so far) messages today,
you refer twice to "the Mainframe", presumably mean-
ing the computer construct on the Whorl that takes
the place of Heaven.  Silk's seeing two sets of par-
ents there is important to your theory of cloning
and ancestry.

It seems to me, however, that the "Mainframe" in
which he sees his two sets of parents is not the
computer construct--it's the real Heaven of the Out-
sider.  Silk describes it as Mainframe because he
has no other terms for it; to him, Mainframe is
Heaven.  While there, Silk sees both his spiritual
parents (his birth mother and Tussah) and his phys-
cial parents (whoever they may be).

You may decide that this doesn't affect your theory;
I confess that I've lost track of the details and
so can't judge the likelihood of this for myself.
To me, it makes explicit some of the unexpressed as-
sumptions in this conversation, and helps resolve
some of the contradictions that seem to have led to
the current form of your hypothesis.

Mark Millman