(urth) Severian's skin color

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 15:57:34 PDT 2005

Point of order:

On 6/22/05, James Wynn <thewynns at earthlink.net> wrote:
> If Roy Lackey and Blattid are correct in their posts that Silk is a clone
> of Typhon, then he would carry Typhon's very face back to the Whorl
> to meet Severian. As appealing as that would be to me. I don't believe it.

I find this theory appealing, for very much the reason you show
-- Typhon is very concerned about "the face of command," which
is why he wants a full-head transplant rather than a brain transplant
-- but I'm not prepared to defend the theory, I can't say "this is how
I think it is." It's just an interesting possibility.

Which is how most interpretations of the solar books seem to me,
come to think of it.

--Dan'l

--
I do not fear Satan half so much as I fear those who fear him.
                        -- St Teresa of Avila