(urth) GW and CP

James Wynn thewynns at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 21 13:42:05 PDT 2005

>I wouldn't put Wolfe in a cyberpunk anthology at all and he is a genuine
>"literary" author in the sense that he defies genre, of content not form,
>identification.

Hmmmm....

It occurs to me that The Long Sun is a cyberpunk novel told from the perspective of one totally uncomprehensive of the virtual world he lives in (imagine "The Matrix" where Neo only understands learns what the Matrix is 3/4ths of the way into the movie). Quetzal and Crane are his guides into that world. In the end, he dominates that world by becoming the ruling virtual personality in it, and discovers that he himself is a genetically improved clone.

~ Crush