(urth) Is this a BotNS illustration?

Hmpf MacSlow hmpf1998 at gmx.net
Thu Jun 16 14:38:10 PDT 2005

At 10:56 PM 6/16/2005, you wrote:
>Hmpf MacSlow writes:
>>http://www.elevenland.com/amano/view.php3?picName=The+Claw+of+the+Concilia
>>tor&picImage=pic16.JPG
>>What do you think?
>
>Elric.

Nah. He did Elric, too, but Elric was usually clearly identified as Elric.
(Actually he's apparently the official Michael Moorcock illustrator in
Japan - I've done some research ;-))

Here's some of his Elric stuff:

http://www.amanosworld.com/html/work/moorcock.html

I can't really see Severian in the 'Claw of the Conciliator' pic, either,
and I can't think of anyone it *could* be - but neither do I see why Amano
would title that pic thus if it wasn't intended as some form of Wolfe
illustration.

Actually, what throws me most is the apparently white/grey/silver hair.

Of course, there is the possibility that the website may have attributed
the wrong title to the pic, quite simply.

Hmpf

---
"Everyone get out of the plot and help me push."
Patrick O'Shaughnessy: Triangle & Robert