(urth) Shooting the moon

Roy C. Lackey rclackey at stic.net
Wed Jun 29 00:33:39 PDT 2005

Crush wrote:
>>>I said:
>>>A nasty shot from the bushes IMO, and I'll stand by
>>>that.
>
>>Roy said:
>>Do you also stand by this (to Chris)?
>
>If you're offering a defense, it's a lame one. If it is an apology, it's
>worse. Take your best shot, but stand in the open as you do.

No, it wasn't a defense; I don't need one. I was demonstrating your
propensity for reading things into the written word that simply aren't
there. I in no way misrepresented the text I quoted, neither did I subvert
its meaning. I gave the correct references to the text and invited readers
to read it all for themselves, that they might judge. I didn't type out two
pages of text because I didn't feel the need to and I'm not a typist. I
guess it's easy to copy and paste text from Amazon as you seem to be doing,
but I don't do that.

And it certainly wasn't an apology; I had nothing to apologize for. You
misquoted Chris, and that's a fact. Since you weren't quoting what he
actually wrote, the words you misquoted had to have come from the memory of
your perception of what he did write. That demonstrates, I think, the
assertion I made above. Just seven days ago you wrote:

>If Roy Lackey and Blattid are correct in their posts that Silk is a clone
>of Typhon [...]

I only started posting again to correct that misreading of my posts; I had
made no such claim. This is becoming tedious.

-Roy