(urth) Severian's skin color

Hmpf MacSlow hmpf1998 at gmx.net
Thu Jun 16 12:51:10 PDT 2005

>What color is Severian's skin?  I always thought it was quite dark, but
>maybe I've been mistaken all along...
>
>Kieran Mullen

IIRC, it's fairly light, for Commonwealth standards - I think that's one of
the things that gets him being 'mistaken' for an exultant occasionally. Of
course, to judge what 'light' in that context means we'd need to know what
'normal'/'dark' would mean in the Commonwealth. *g*

And it's been a while since I read the book, so I may be wrong, anyway.

Hmpf

---
"Senseless property destruction has failed me, and so I must resort to
wackiness."
- Patrick Shaughnessy, Triangle and Robert