(urth) Wolfe and Brust, compare and contrast ;)

Sarah Dorrance-Minch isobelwren at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 10 20:27:40 PDT 2005

--- Maru Dubshinki <marudubshinki at gmail.com> wrote:

> Incidentally, have you read "To Reign in Hell"? That
> sounds like the
> most Wolfe-ian of his stuff.

At least in theme.

I think the series about Vlad Taltos comes closer in
terms of character development and cultural background
(a society with distinct castes, a hero whose career
is less than savoury initially, semidivine beings who
play puppet-master behind the scenes, oh so subtly).

Midori/Sarah

Ah, love couldst thou and I conspire/ To grasp this sorry scheme of things entire/ Would we not break it all to bits, and then/ Remold it nearer to the heart's desire - Omar Khayyam

Reach me a gentian, give me a torch
let me guide myself with the blue, forked torch of this flower
down the darker and darker stairs, where blue is darkened on blueness.
 - D.H. Lawrence, "Bavarian Gentians"