(urth) TWK - Why Able?

thapaguru thapaguru at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 9 07:47:13 PDT 2005

Hello all,

I've recently joined this organization and have been
reading through the older often excellent posts. I've
been a Wolfe reader for the last year or so, since
picking up BotNS and have just finished the Wizard
Knight. My impression - Wolfe can do no wrong.

To be succint, my questions:

1) Since the good guys are outnumbered and possibly
outgunned, I recognize the need for reserves from
lower dimensions. But why does Michael want Able?
Wouldn't he be better satisfied with a presumably
wiser and strong Overcyn?

2) I came out with the impression that Baki did indeed
stab Gilling the first time (like Uri said) and that
Garvaon finished the job the second time. Am I wrong?

3) I'm not of a Christian background (Hindu rather)
and I was wondering if I was correct in assuming that
Able falling down twice after giving blood to Disiri
refers to the pre-crucifiction trip Christ made.

Thank for your time.