(urth) Typhon

Chris rasputin_ at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 5 20:43:51 PDT 2005

This has been discussed a few times, I believe. It doesn't seem likely that
the image was tied inextricably to physical appearance, unless you think
that Echidne really looked like a monster, etc. It does seem to have
something to do with self-image, as we see with Tartaros. But it seems just
as unlikely that Echidne self-identified in such a monstrous way; even
monstrous people tend to think of themselves in a better light. But if
Typhon was capable of imposing this image on her, it then raises the
question of why he didn't fix his own.

Perhaps he had been two-headed for so long that he self-identified that way
and couldn't alter the image without damaging his personality. (This assumes
he'd naturally be less concerned about damaging the personalities of his
wife and children).