(urth) Re: urth-urth.net Digest, Vol 5, Issue 16

Jeffrey Lefstin jeff.lefstin at stanfordalumni.org
Tue Jan 11 14:03:07 PST 2005

I can't say I agree - I would have found it just as jarring if Silk had
started spouting off about women's rights to control reproduction, or
how the government of Viron should provide for the poor or rein in the
merchant class.  Unless the story is a political allegory (and maybe
not even then) dropping blatantly late-20th-century political debates
into such a novel does little to improve it.

JL
On Jan 11, 2005, at 12:09 PM, urth-urth.net-request at lists.urth.net