(urth) Re: urth-urth.net Digest, Vol 5, Issue 41

maru marudubshinki at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 14:48:26 PST 2005

Why must it be in the same way?  If over the range of all realistic
outputs, it returns the same output, (which is feasible: Weiner spent
considerable
time in his 'Cybernetics' and 'God & Golem' working out how functions
can be generalized from a set of input.  Curiously, this leads to the
corollary
that machines can reproduce- but that is a tangent.) then it doesn't
matter.  If the algorithm followed was even more powerful then the human
equivalent, would you disqualify it because it was deviating from the
God-given human example?

~Maru