(urth) Re: urth-urth.net Digest, Vol 5, Issue 35

StoneOx17 at aol.com StoneOx17 at aol.com
Wed Jan 26 02:02:14 PST 2005

In a message dated 1/25/2005 10:14:42 PM Eastern Standard Time, kieran at ou.edu
writes:

>      BTW, Mani, Idunn, Thiassi, are all part of the Norse mythos.
> However none of them are simple cut-and-paste versions of what in TWK
> books.   Look at:

> http://www.mythome.org/nordic.html

As is the spring Mimir, which I think is mentioned only once.  It's
where the Valfather took Able to drink so as to recover his memories
(page 56 of TW).Again, it's not a simple cut-and-paste version, though.
I'd bet there's many more references to the Norse mythos we haven't
found yet.

Stone OX (Peter)

> P.S.  Damn.  Trolls *are* part of the Norse mythos.  Oh well.

Again, not quite a simple cut-and-paste version.