(urth) silver glass

James Wynn thewynns at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 11 17:04:27 PST 2005

>There is no doubt that the Narrator, right from _OBW_ on, has memories
>of Silk's life and occasionally slips and says things as if he were Silk
rather
>than Horn: thus referring to his wife as "Hyacinth," for example.

That is true but the entire series was written after the Narrator returns to
Blue and therefore after he separates from Pig. So the only errors and
references that can "count" are those from RTTW describing events on the
Whorl and only those that are dialog by the Narrator or that refer directly
to his state of mind at the time.

That's why asking for specific instances is so tough. But I *am* convinced
they are there (and the quote I gave is proof enough for me).

~ Crush