(urth) Re: urth-urth.net Digest, Vol 5, Issue 15

James Wynn thewynns at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 11 11:44:55 PST 2005

>What is exactly insulting Orwell's opinion or my own?
>To whom is it insulting? Chesterton has been dead many for a long time.
>Why is it insulting? People has been denouncing religion and the church
>for a long time now, nothing new there, like Robert Burns said:
>Proud Priests and Bishops we'll translate
>And canonise as Martyrs;
>If not with swards than with words. If you find Orwell's opinion (or mine)
>insulting to YOU than that, sir, is your problem.

Errr...I think the insulting part was not Orwell's opinion which was
directed a Chesterton, but it was rather your own which was directed at the
intellect of anyone considering converting to Catholicism. That's rather
personal and not directed at some dead for nigh on a century.

In short, it was inflammitory.

~ Crush