(urth) TWK questions and answers

harlekin at earthlink.net harlekin at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 4 10:57:14 PST 2005

I think he is linking them thematically to the undines of Urth.  The giantesses' ancestors are the Giants of winter and old night, who GW makes clear are from deep space.
Don

I also noted that Wolfe didn't go out of his way to paint the giantesses as inhuman
and grotesque the way he did the giants, and that Able refers to one as if she were
attractive; I wonder if they don't look vastly different from the giants as well.