(urth) TWK questions and answers

Andy Robertson andywrobertson at clara.co.uk
Tue Jan 4 08:28:48 PST 2005

James Wynn writes:

> Male and female giants live apart just as male and female elephants live
> apart.

Odd, this.  It is not from the Norse, unlike nearly very thing else in TWK.

There are plenty of stories of cohabitation between the gods and the giants,
and the giantesses are usually seen as sexually attractive to the gods: but
the idea that the giants and giantesses are separate species does not exist
in that culture-stream.   I don't know what its source is.

> It is taken from the myth of the death of Ymir.

Ah, yes.

  hartshorn

.