(urth) When Adam Delved and Eve Span (5HC)

Jim Raylor rjraylor at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 27 05:58:51 PST 2005

Who was then the gentleman?

http://www.rhymes.org.uk/a115-when-adam-delved.htm

I did not know the origin of the rhyme until I found
this.
So as well as the Biblical, Reformation and
war/massacre references, it also directs us to the
Black Death and subsequent Peasants' Revolt.
This again fits in with GWs recurring theme of the
gradual extension of emancipation through history.
I have just had a mad splurge on Amazon and ordered
all the Wolfe works I could find, that I do  not
already own.
I've also ordered Borski's Solar Labyrinth' and
Francis Stevens 'The heads of Cerberus'