(urth) SciFi politics

James Wynn thewynns at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 11 11:52:10 PST 2005

>I wouldn't go so far as to endorse this point of view whole-heartedly,
>but I was struck by how jarring the paeans to supply-side economics and
>universal gun ownership were in Exodus from the Long Sun.  At the time
>they seemed so clumsily inserted that I wasn't sure if they were satire
>or GW's views.... Now I assume the latter?

I didn't think they were clumsily inserted. I think they were jarring
because the plurality of SciFi writers are politically liberal.

Thus, placing favorable views to gun-ownership and supply-side economics in
the mouth of a very simpathic and (presented as) wise character might have
caught you unaware if you did not previously know of Wolfe's conservative
politics.

~ Crush