(urth) TWK: Mag?

maru marudubshinki at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 12:47:40 PST 2005

StoneOx17 at aol.com wrote:

>I'm really confused here, as well.  I do remember that somewhere Wolfe implies
>that the Valfather is a stand-in for everybody's father.  If that's true, maybe
>the Lady of Skai is in some sense everybody's mother, in which case having
>Mag remind Able of her would be fair.
>
>I'm also confused about whether Mythgarthr really exists, or is just an
>internal construction of Able's (while he's really being whisked off in an
>ambulance).  If everything is internal, then the identification of the
>Lady with his mother makes more sense.  Do any defenders/opponents of
>this interpretation want to weigh in?  In fact, is Mythgarthr necessarily
>either internal or external, or could it somehow be both at once?

I'll take the 'Unbeliever' route out: Mythgarthr is both. As for the
Valfather
and co. (Are they Overcyns?  The Knight implies so, but I don't know
what The Wizard
sez.) since they are the gods of that plane, we should expect them to be
mythic
or archetypal, since those interpretations would have more adherents;
parents
are of course achetypal, and the Lady's association with the Moon even
more so.

~Maru
I could, of course, be wrong; but since when has that stopped any of us?