(urth) Sinew's parentage

Chris rasputin_ at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 22 23:35:41 PST 2005

>What can I say? I stand by my original statement. Stone Ox gave you the
>pertinent quote. It comes from page 384 of EXODUS FROM THE LONG SUN, Tor,
>Hardback, First Edition: November 1996. It's the last page of the book. If
>Amazon says something different, then they're wrong, or both my wife and I
>are hallucinating. Am I the only one here who bought the book?
>
>Sheesh!
>
>-Roy

The rest of us have sort of gotten by on reading a couple pages at a time
from Amazon's inside the book search, and we share screenshots to paste the
thing together. It takes a lot of work, but we have a lot of willpower and
free time, and not enough cash to buy a copy of the book and scan it.

Seriously though, maybe Wolfe needs to be treated like the classics where
the original page number appears in the margin so that you can track the
same references in different editions. I didn't even try to look up your
reference because I have the latest trade paperback versions and I assume
the page numbers are different.

Somehow I don't think anyone anticipated anyone citing a sci-fi book to the
extent that we do.